Your Role in a Nutshell
As campus advocates you are investing in the future of your students as well as the sustainability, relevancy, and continuing development of the accounting curriculum.
Each year our advocates fulfill their obligations by:
1. Receiving and disseminating IMA/CMA marketing materials.
2. Promoting IMA benefits, student membership, the formation of student chapters, and the CMA credential.
3. Inviting managerial finance and accounting practitioners to speak on campus.
4. Leveraging IMA resources to advance the relevancy of the accounting curriculum.
Click here for a complete listing of Campus Advocate roles and responsibilities. All campus advocates are also required to complete an Annual Activity Form in order to receive the benefits outlined below.
8 Ways We’ve Sweetened the Deal
In addition to your own personal satisfaction that you’ve demonstrated your commitment to student professional development, we’ve come up with eight more ways to thank you for all you do:
1. Annual IMA membership dues are waived.*
2. Register for the CMA program at no fee, receive the exam support package, and take both parts of the CMA exam free of charge.*
3. You will receive special recognition of your leadership at the IMA Annual Conference and Student Leadership Conference.
4. A wall certificate attesting to your service as Campus Advocate.
5. A letter to your Department Chair or Dean. (optional)
6. Special consideration for IMA’s Ursel K. Albers Campus Advocate Award.
7. Complimentary access to IMA marketing collateral (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. IMA Campus Advocate Kit...and more!
*Note: Dues will be waived upon submission of student member listing and/or Annual Activity Form. If you are an IMA member or become one before you enroll 10 students, your IMA membership will be extended for a year. Each year you enroll 10 or more students, your membership will be extended.
To request a supply of hard copy IMA Membership or CMA Certification brochures to be sent directly to you, write to email@example.com.
Meet our Advocates
Share best practices and ask questions on our Facebook Group.
Help us start an IMA Chapter near you.
For more information on starting an IMA student chapter on your campus, download the Student Chapter Manual.
Not an academic member yet?
IMA provides special tools and resources for the professionals who are developing the industry’s future leaders. Academic members have access to IMA’s ethics curriculum, case studies, webinars, research grants, mentor program, and many other teaching resources. Dues are discounted 50% at $105 for full-time faculty. Join today!
IMA is the worldwide association for accountants and financial professionals working in business. We are committed to helping you and all of our 65,000 members to expand your professional skills, better manage your organization, and enhance your career.